Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Some Catch Up

I was supposed to have a triathlon back on July 12th, but it was canceled due to severe weather. I wasn't all that upset since I wasn't looking forward to it. I was, however, hoping that it would catapult me into a training frenzy for the next half ironman that I am doing on Sept 19.

I still haven't been training all that hard for the half ironman, but I did get in a 10 mile run and a 48 mile bike last weekend. I guess I'm not too far off. None of it hurt too badly and I wasn't too sore. Of course, the run and the bike were done at a very casual pace, not race pace. I have been running like mad, but doing very little biking and swimming. Hopefully this coming week I'll be able to get in two open water swims and two bike rides.

Tim and I invited his parents and his sister and her fiance to the lake the weekend of July 17th. We all had a good time and the two doodles (his parents dog and his sisters dog) learned to swim. I also spent this weekend at the lake with the schnauzers. My cousin, his wife and their two kids were down from Iowa, so I went down to spend some time with them. Tim had some bike rides that he wanted to do, so he stayed at home with Audrey.

Tim and I will be heading to a different lake this coming weekend with some of our triathlon friends. It should be a good time and we're looking forward to it. One of Tim's friends is getting married on the 15th, so we'll have a house guest and I'm planning on doing a long ride that weekend as well.

Not much else has been happening hence the lack of posts, but since I'm going to try to accomplish NaBloPoMo lets hope something exciting happens. Not just the mundane that usually is.

No comments: