Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Oh the early mornings

are killing me.

Yes, it was another early start to the day. After staying out somewhat late last night making sure two "boys" stayed sober enough to not puke on my floors I was up at 5:45a. Why you ask? Well, let me tell you.

Since I loved my first half ironman SO much (really, no joke, I loved it) I decided it would be a good idea to sign up for another one this year. At the time it seemed like a splendid idea. Now, I wish I had more sense. Not that our summer has been miserably hot, but it's been hot. Even when it's 85 degrees it has felt like it was 100. We've had a few days where it has been pushing 100, but for the most part we've had a nice summer. Regardless, it has seemed HOT and I have been completely unmotivated to train. As I've mentioned before, I'm not lacking in the running department. I think I have that one more than covered. I just need to do a few runs after rides and I'll be fine. EXCEPT. I need to ride.

That is the reason I was up early again this morning. I was supposed to do a 63 mile bike ride. Yes, you read that correctly. 63 miles. I only need to ride 56 for the race, but I thought I would be an over-achiever. Well, the ride didn't happen due to rain.

As I type this sitting on the couch watching Py$ch and feeling the pain of the 14 miles I ran yesterday the rain is starting to subside, so I may actually still be able to get a 2 hour ride in before it starts raining again. If not, then I think I may get on the trainer. ARG! When you need to ride you need to ride even when you'd rather lay on the couch a nap all day.

No comments: