(PDT is 2 hours behind CDT)
Tim and I will be participating in the Ho0d to C0ast Relay this weekend. Our team begins the relay at 2:15pm PDT Friday, August 28th. There are 3 "sections" of the race with 12 legs per "section." Tim is the 5th runner in each "section" and I am the 6th runner in each "section." My first leg is 7.42 miles and rated hard for challenging uphills and gradual downhills yet when I look at the leg elevation is doesn't look too bad to me except one hill. I'm estimated to start around 6:00pm PDT Friday, August 28th. My second leg is 4.15 miles and rated hard for gradual hills on paved roads with no van assistance. This leg looks harder than the first to me since it's basically uphill for 4.15 miles. I'm estimated to start this leg around 3:45am PDT Saturday, August 29th. My last leg is 5.23 miles and rated moderate for a challenging uphill and steep downhill. From mile 1.8 - 2.5 is going to be tough. It's a really steep uphill and it's followed by a really steep downhill. The uphill won't be as bad as the downhill since the uphill only lasts 0.7 miles yet the elevation climb is from 610(ish) feet to 750(ish) feet. The downhill is from mile 2.5 - 3.7. That's 1.2 miles of downhill from 750(ish) feet to 390(ish) feet. YIKES!!! That goodness this is the last leg. My quads wouldn't make another leg after this one. Based on this info I would rate this leg a hard or harder. I'm estimated to start this leg at 12:32pm PDT Saturday, August 29th. Our team is estimated to finish at 5:45pm PDT Saturday, August 29th. 27 hours 34 minutes 24 seconds to complete 197 miles.
I WILL take pictures and post them next week sometime.


No comments:
Post a Comment