Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 2, 2009

Workout Recap & Preview

Mon (run & yoga) - I got up extra early, 5a, and ran 5 miles with a couple of friends. It was cold on the way out, but when we turned around the wind was at our backs which made it a lot warmer. It felt good to get up early again, but after Hot Yoga that night I was so tired. Yoga was a little hotter than I would have liked. I had a hard time breathing and felt a little light-headed, but made it through. It was a different instructor this time and his style of teaching was a bit different, but it was still good. Not sure the Core class did me any good because of the fast pace.
Tue (cycle) - Despite the weather (snow & ice) I made it to cycle. Really the roads weren't bad at all. It was a good workout and it was nice to get on the bike after missing all last week. Unfortunately, after my two runs (icy & cold) and yoga my legs were a little tired. Yes, that yoga class used the legs a lot. We did a lot of long intervals increasing our cadence after different time frames.
Wed (run) - It was -2 degrees with the wind chill in the AM and I decided that I would run after work when it was going to be 30-ish degrees. Tim took off to St Louis and the Schnauzers went to the spa, so I picked them up after work. Tim didn't want Lulu to get the traditional Schnauzer cut and I can say I'm not entirely happy with how it turned out. Then my sister-in-law came over to borrow a pair of boots. It sounds like I'm making excuses to why I didn't run. Not really, just telling what was going on. I had already decided that I wasn't going to run. : )
Thu (run & cycle) - No running today. I was warned on Tuesday night to bring "my legs" to class, so I took that the heart and saved my legs for class. Good thing I did. Class was good. I really enjoyed the pyramid workout that we did. I hope we do it again and again.
Fri (swim) - I didn't. I wanted to rest up for our outing that night.
Sat (run) - I ran 10 miles with my running group. Since I didn't go to bed until 12:30a and got up at 6a to go running I didn't think I could go much farther than 10. Plus it gave me the opportunity to meet some friends for breakfast. I also took a short nap at noon then spent the rest of the day outside playing with the dogs and tossing the football around with Tim.
Sun (swim) - NOT. Was so tired from being out both Fri & Sat nights that I was a total slug and hung out at home all day. I did make a layered dip and a pie for the Super B0wl Party we went to at my parents house.

What's on the plate for next week....Same 'ol, same 'ol.

Mon - run & yoga
Tue - cycle
Wed - run
Thu - cycle
Fri - swim
Sat - run
Sun - ??

No comments: