Last week was crazy! Work was nuts and stressful plus attempting to get all my planned training in. This is how it all wound up.
Mon - (Run & Spin) I got up at 430a to run with some people from my running group. Trouble was that they didn't show up. My fault because I didn't see them the Saturday before to confirm, but I ran 4 miles by myself at 5am. I did manage to get to spin that night as well. It was a good time and a good workout which was what I needed after Monday at work. Thanks Stace!
Tue - (Quick Swim & Cycling) Let's just say that the Monday Work Blues carried over to Tuesday and I didn't get out in time, so that quick swim turned into a short visit at home before heading off to cycling. The cycling class was challenging, but fun. I didn't fell all that great towards the end, but the hour went by incredibly fast.
Wed - (Run & Yoga) Yeah, didn't make it up at 430a to run. I decided that I needed the sleep more and I hadn't been able to get in touch with the people that I was supposed to meet, so I didn't want to drive there only to have them not be there again. Turns out that I should have gone since at 5a it was the warmest part of the day and week. Monday Work Blues continued to carry it's love over and I just wanted to go home around noon, but I had to suck it up and finish up work. That night Tim went with me to yoga which was nice. There weren't as many people this week as there were last week, but it was a good workout. My abs were still hurting from the Core class the week before, so that made for an uncomfortable Core class this week. All around I didn't feel quite as right as I did the previous week, but I was concentrating more on form than close can I actually get my head to me knees. Not very close by the way. My hamstrings are so short from running that I can barely bend over. OK, it's not that bad, but it feels that bad sometimes.
Thu - (Quick Run & Cycling) OK, did I mention that it's colder than (insert the coldest place you can think of here). No, well, it is!!! I think it was 1 degree when I woke up and 1 degree when I got home not including wind chills. YIKES! I was NOT putting myself out there, so I skipped the quick run before cycling and just went to cycling. Another good workout. Much better, in my opinion, than Tuesday's workout although time didn't go by as fast.
Fri - (OFF) I still took advantage of this. I should have done something, but we headed to the lake after work and it was snowing when I got up and didn't stop until about 1030a. I know, excuses!
Sat - (Short Run) Totally did this at the lake. I slept in and then took Lulu for a 3 mile run. Tim took Audrey for a trail run and then we got Tramp and all went for a hike through the trails. The weather was so much nicer than what we had left on Friday and warmer to boot.
Sun - (Swim & Run) This didn't happen. I suppose it could have IF I was feeling motivated. We left the lake at 830a, so Tim could get to work by noon which worked out well because the impromptu baby shower I went to got moved up to noon. I could have run or swim after the shower, but I chose to be a bum and sit at home. After all, it was 315p already.
I had high hopes and fell short, but it is only January and as I keep being told, much too early to be doing two-a-days anyway. I'll bring my expections down for this coming week and see if I can actually meet them. : )
Mon = Swim & Run
Tue = Yoga
Wed = Run
Thu = Run & Cycle
Fri = Swim
Sat = Run
Sun = OFF


No comments:
Post a Comment