I had lofty aspirations for last week and I managed to get some of it in.
- Mon (spin with Stacie) - I didn't make it because I came down with a cold. I can't believe I
had another cold. I don't know what my deal is. 14 months without getting sick and I've been sick three times in 6 weeks. - Tue (run & indoor cycling) - I ran 3 miles at lunch which broke up some of the icky nasty that was stuck in my head. I wasn't feeling quite up to cycle, so I stayed at home and lounged on the couch with the puppies.
- Wed (run & yoga) - I didn't get up extra early and run 5 miles because I slept like crap and I really wanted to make it to yoga. I did try my hand at two yoga classes in the PM. The first class was Core Pilates that lasted 30 minutes and then Gentle Hot Yoga for another 75 minutes. These were the first yoga classes that I had been to in probably 4 years. I'm not a big yogi, so I'm always hesitant about going. The Core class is tough because I really have very little strength in my back and abs, but this will help. The Hot Yoga was good. Nothing that I hadn't done before except knowing what positions she was calling out had me glancing at the instructor most of class since I really didn't remember the poses names.
- Thu (indoor cycling) - Felt great to get on the bike and see my friends. Now if I can get over the fear of riding on the street again after the wreck I'll be great. I have a couple of months before I need to get on the road, so it should be OK.
- Fri (swim) - Yeah, didn't happen. Just didn't feel like it. I had slept great Thu night, but for some reason (the cold) I wanted to go home and curl up.
- Sat (run) - I ran 8 miles with my running group. It was cold and windy. The the way out wasn't too bad, but as soon as we turned around, OMG! It was BRUTAL.
- Sun (swim) - Sure, I could of swam, but I felt more like staying home, doing laundry and lounging. Don't knock. It's early and I can slack. I just can't make a habit of it.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tired, but I'm going to try to keep the pace and add more double days and possibly some weight work later on.
This week looks pretty much the same and I'm getting bold by adding additional double days which changes it up a little and I'm taking Friday off to go to the lake:
Mon - Run & Spin
Tue - Quick Swim & Cycling
Wed - Run & Yoga
Thu - Quick Run & Cycling
Fri - OFF
Sat - Short Run
Sun - Swim & Run
There is another yoga class that I would like to try, but that means giving up either Tue or Thu cycling. I can always spin on Wed night therefore just flipping the days. We'll see. Maybe the following week I'll try it.
Hope your week is a good one.


No comments:
Post a Comment