Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

In keeping with "tradition"....

I decided to, once again, post my reviews of the current new TV programming. Yes, I'm a TV-aholic, but I'm trying to cut back.

MONDAY
Worst Week - The WORST. CBS

My Own Worst Enemy - There's only been one show and I usually give it two shows before I axe it. The first show wasn't all that interesting however, now that the main character (played by Christian Slater) knows he has a "multi-personality" it could get interesting. NBC

TUESDAY
Opportunity Knocks - Just not into reality TV, so I didn't even watch one show. ABC

The Mentalist - A little Monk and a little Psych mixed together. It's OK, but not sure if it will sustain. It is sandwiched between NCIS & Without A Trace, so it could have some carry over and lead in plus it's not up against much right now except Dancing with The Stars. CBS

90210 - Much like the old version with updated stories. I like the tie-ins they make with the old 90210. It'll be interesting to watch, but the critics give it one season. CW

Privileged - OK. Not great. How much can you watch spoiled rich girls get away with while their modest background "tutor" tries to wrangle them. I think the tutor is more a babysitter. CW

Fringe - Never even watched it. When a BRAND NEW show has a two hour premiere that knocks it off the viewing block right away for me. FOX

WEDNESDAY
Gary Unmarried - I like it. I like Jay Mohr. He's just such a guy. CBS

Stylista - NOT. CW

Do Not Disturb - If you're looking for this in the line-up don't look too long. It's not there because it sucked so bad it only lasted two shows. Poor HOT HOT HOT Jerry O'Connell. FOX

Knight Rider - I liked to two hour movie this past summer, but the show just isn't the original. NBC

THURSDAY
Life on Mars - Can't decided. It's like the show a few seasons back with Taye Diggs where he kept reliving the same day or two and had to figure out some little tidbit of info in order to save the girlfriend or random person. This show has the main character transported back to 1973 trying to figure out the case he's working on in 2008 to save the girlfriend. ABC

Eleventh Hour - Only been one show and they didn't reveal much of the "purpose" behind the main character and his "assistant. Basically another version of a cop show yet using a scientist to "break the case." However, the scientist is never hired he just shows up and says he works for the FBI. CBS

Hole in the Wall - Reality. NOT. FOX

Kath & Kim - If this makes it past this week I'll be surprised. NBC

FRIDAY
The Ex List - Girl sees psychic who tells her she has to get married in the next year or she'll be single forever. The catch..she's already had a relationship with the guy she's supposed to marry. Can you already see the plot? One show after another of her "re-dating" the ex's to find out that the are not the one when the whole time the most recent ex is always hanging around and she's adamant it's not him. CBS

Crusoe - Hasn't started yet and it's one of those two-hour premieres. It looks like a period show, so I may just need to do some research and see if it's worth wasting two-hours on. NBC

The Starter Wife - I like it. It's not too mind stimulating, but it does have Debra Messing from Will & Grace fame and I love her. USA

SUNDAY
Valentine - OMG! Too ridiculous. If you're looking for something mindless this is it. Greek Goddess & Gods in modern time with modern names go around match-making. Yes, it's the Goddess of Love, her offspring and some other mythological characters. CW

Easy Money - Didn't bother. Outside of the HOT main character I had NO desire to watch a show about loan sharks. CW

There you have it. My humble opinions.

3 comments:

G&K said...

I hope I see "24" on your list soon. That's the only weekly show I watch. There's going to be 2-hour episode on Nov. 23 and the new season should start in January. At least it better since they skipped this year completely.

Baby N's Mom said...

I know. I hope that the 2-hr show in Nov is the season finale from Spring 2007 since I never got to watch that one. Of course, I could probably go online and watch it. LOL! I only review the "New" stuff. I figure the shows that have been on for a season+ people already know about. I do like 24 and was disappointed that they skipped an entire season. I guess Keifer needed some reefer rehab. Well, rehab at least. ;)

Trish said...

How do you not like Worst Week!?!??! Its so funny! OK, so its totally a play on Meet the Parents, but still, good times.