Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hope or Hate - You Decide

I borrowed this title from Laurie at Pho for Five. I'm not one to spout off my political beliefs/opinions unless asked, but when I read her post and watched the video I just had to pass it along.

The first few minutes of this video are beyond sad to me. Maybe I'm being naive in thinking that we've come much farther in the last 40 years. I truly hope this is simply an isolated group of ignorant jackholes who give this country a bad name.

If the direct video link above doesn't work you can cut & paste this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rUAFUoz3jc

3 comments:

G&K said...

April, read some of the comments on Pho for Five. They sum up the video very well, it's just pure propaganda. As a former member of a psychological operations company in the Army Reserves, I'd give it high marks. But for every ridiculous statement made by a McCain supporter, a ridiculous statement by an Obama supporter could be produced. It comes from both sides, so really you can't come to any conclusions based on the video.

Here are a couple examples of the liberal side's love, tolerance and inclusion. I no more condone the people in the video than I do these tshirts.

WARNING: These are extremely offensive.
http://tinyurl.com/5z2y6h

http://tinyurl.com/5xbjr3

G&K said...

Here's a classic from the '04 election. I'm glad I stopped watching MTV after high school.

http://www.truthcaucus.com/2006/08/30/mtv-protest

Baby N's Mom said...

Gale - Believe me I'm not letting this video sway me one way or the other. The part I find disturbing is that there are people out there that are STILL that racist and bigoted to wish people DIE because they are different in color, opinions, etc. That is the main reason I posted the video. I realize that there are negative "ads" coming from both sides and I basically turn the channel when a political ad comes on or focus elsewhere. Political ads are ridiculously negative and I wish a law would be passed banning ALL negative campaigning since obviously politicans can't be trusted to stick to their word when they say "No negative ads." Thanks for sharing the other side of the negativity.