Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 4, 2007

New TV # 2

Hello, my name is April and I'm a TV-aholic.

I thought I might share my opinions on NEW shows that the networks have rolled out this fall. I usually give a new show 2 shots at impressing me and then their done if that can't deliver, so I thought I might save anyone the trouble of watching something or peak their interest.
MONDAY
Chuck (NBC) - mildly funny. probably won't last. not a real creative concept.
Aliens in America (CW) - didn't bother. way too offensive and certainly not PC.
Big Bang Theory (CBS) - mildly funny. might last since it has a good lead in.
Journeyman (NBC) - creative concept. nice that they are explaining the "why" sooner than later.
K-Ville (FOX) - wasn't interesting enough for me. just another cop show really.
TUESDAY
Caveman (ABC) - not funny at all, but who thought it would be? how can you base a sitcom on a commercial.
Carpoolers (ABC) - not really funny either.
Reaper (CW) - creative concept. 2nd show funnier than 1st.
Cane (CBS) - disappointing. i expected more from jimmy smits. i don't need to see a stereotypical mob-like show. difference, it's latino's instead of italian's.
WEDNESDAY
Back To You (FOX) - thought it would be funnier given the cast. not too awful.
Pushing Daisies (ABC) - cute. interesting concept. might not last however.
Gossip Girl (CW) - teeny bopper show. good for that crowd. not too bad.
Bionic Women (NBC) - i loved the original and i like this one. it's a different beginning and i like it.
Private Practice (ABC) - could be better, but not so bad. i actually like amy brenneman's character best.
Dirty Sexy Money (ABC) - i like it! the character relationships are great.
Life (NBC) - ok. the main character is odd. questionable longevity.
Kid Nation (CBS) - didn't watch, but it could be interesting.
THURSDAY
Big Shots (ABC) - not good. maybe it's more "guy" related and that is why i didn't like it, but tim didn't like it either.
FRIDAY
Moonlight (CBS) - i like it. it's an interesting concept. interested in seeing where they take the story line.

There are a few shows that haven't started yet, so I cannot comment on the show only on the previews. Samantha Who? (ABC-Mon) looks funny, Women's Murder Club (ABC-Fri) big IF, Viva Laughlin (CBS-Sun) not so much, Life is Wild (CW-Sun) so so.

Like I said, My name is April and I'm a TV-aholic.

1 comment:

J&T'sMom said...

My name is Beth and I am too!