Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

WARNING - GRAPHIC PICTURES

So, Tim and I went to Louisville, KY for the long weekend. He was participating in the Ironman (2.4 mile swim - 112 mile bike - 26.2 mile run) and I was there for support. It's 5:30am EDT and I drop Tim off near the start of the race and drive back to our hotel to get my bike and all my spectator garb. I grab all my junk and hop on my bike and head for the start. It's now 6am EDT and I'm toodling along when all of a sudden the curb jumps out and bites me. Yes, it bit and I bit it! I wrecked on my bike and broke the front brake and my finger. Luckily I was only 3 or 4 blocks from the hospital, so I hoped back on my bike and rode to the hospital, locked the bike up outside the ER and went in for help. Yes, funny, I know. As luck would have it the hospital that I wound up at happens to be one of the top if not the top places in the country for hand surgery. They perform all those hand replacement/attachment surgeries you hear about and think are science fiction. At least I was in the best place in the country to be IF I needed surgery. Here I am sitting in the ER alone prayer that I don't need surgery and hoping that they would hurry the hell up so I could get to the race which was going to start at 7am. Unfortunately, I didn't make it out of there until 9am, but after a few detours I finally made it to a spot on the bike course where I could see Tim. I saw him as he was beginning his run as well and he asked what I did to my arm since I had a bandage over it. I told him he didn't need to know and I would tell him later. Well, he finished the race (I'll post about that later in the week) and I told him that I crashed and had dislocated my finger and showed him the doctors handy work. Here's were you might want to get your barf bag ready. I put the gross ones at the end, so you could warm up to the idea.

Road Rash on my arm
After shot with rash on palm & finger
After shot from top

Doesn't look too bad, right?

BE WARNED - MIGHT NOT BE FOR THE FAINT OF HEART


5 comments:

Mrs. Booms said...

OMG, that's disgusting! Oh no, I feel so sorry for you!

G&K said...

Ouch!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh! Was not expecting my stomach to get so topsy-turvy. Wasn't really expecting to see your finger like I was seeing it in a fun house mirror. Ouch!

K said...

OUCH!!!!!!!! They did a great job though.

Anonymous said...

Your a better person than me~
I would have gone home and pouted..
That looks so bad! Is it feeling better?