Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 18, 2008

First things First....

....Would you like to win something? I'm not super enough to have my own contest however, Betsey Booms is. Take a gander at her blog post and leave a comment. You could win one of her FAMOUS handmade aprons just for you.

Now the boring stuff......
This is the newest contraption I got for my finger. Who would have thought that a pinky finger dislocation could be so much work. I did get the OK from the doctor to start some "therapy." Basically I get to move my finger a bit more and try to bend it as much as I can without dislocating again. NICE! Really, how much is too much? Especially for someone who never felt the pain of the dislocation in the first place. Wouldn't even have known there was a problem if I hadn't looked down at my hand. Weird. I don't think I mentioned if before, but I'm pretty sure the reason I didn't "feel" anything was because my blood pressure was 69 over 49. I was dead! According to the nurses I wasn't since I was still breathing, walking and talking, but with a BP like that, HOLY COW! This custom made split is to be worn for at least the next month. At least this one isn't as suffocating and it's easier to remove and replace. At least my ring finger swelling has gone down and I can wear my ring again.
Packing is going. I'm ready for it to be done. I NEVER want to pack again. My training on the otherhand is suffering. I may just have to run the half marathon for fun instead of trying to break 2 hours. I don't see that goal happening this race, but I'll give a go round. I may need to crawl to the finish, but I'll finish.
This weekend will be jam packed fun filled packing and I'm going to slip in a run or two, hopefully. I hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments: