Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's Official

I SOLD MY HOUSE. Kind of. It all depends on how the inspection turns out since my buyers can still back out, but I'm pretty sure it'll all go well and we'll be closing on September 30. Of course, that means I have to store my stuff for a month and live in Tim's tiny little house which, by the way, is up for rent. It'll all work out and it's worth the inconvenience to have my house sold and that stress gone.

My house officially went on the market Aug 28 and I had 3 showings on Aug 30. From the feedback whoever saw my house first said they were writing an offer that day. The thing I don't know is which offer, did I not mention there were two if them?, was the first showing. Not that it really matters, but it would be kind of neat knowing if the first people to see my house immediately loved it and wrote an offer. I'll ask them if I ever meet them, but I'm pretty sure my realtor could tell me.

What do I know about my buyers? They are older, they are each on their second marriages, they are moving from a patio home, they sold that home for a nice chunk of change. What am I curious about with my buyers? Why would they want to move from maintenance free living to a home that they have to maintain a yard at.

At any rate, the inspection in Monday the 8th, so I have to find a furnace before then and have it installed. I'm guessing that won't happen since it's Thursday already. That's OK, the inspection will tell me that it needs to be replaced (it's 25 years old) and I can say that I already have that set up and he'll be here......I hope that nothing else is really wrong. I need to call my mom's cleaning lady and schedule her for the 29th and get an estimate on POD or some other similar storage device.

I'd like to rub it in my Realtors face that she said Labor Day weekend wouldn't produce anything. YEA RIGHT!! Both houses she put on the market at the end of last week sold. So much for a slow weekend. I suppose officially my house was on the market for 6 days since it now says pending.

Oh yeah, I forgot the best part.....I got $1000 over asking. In what universe does that really happen??!! Tim and I (mostly me LOL) have gotten really lucky in this whole house situation. I really hope he rents his house quickly. He's already gotten two inquiries and he just sent the mass email Wed night.

1 comment:

K said...

FANTASTIC!! Congrats!