That's right. Nothing is going on. It's hotter than H E double hockey sticks here, but a break is coming on Wednesday. Or so the "I'm rarely Right" weather people say. I can't wait for upper 80's!!!
I didn't do anything exciting this weekend either. I ran 10 miles on Saturday AM which is the farthest I have run since March. I rode 50 miles on Sunday AM which is the farthest I have ridden since this time last year. I'm still beat! Due to the excessive heat and humidity Sat AM I had braided my ponytail while running unfortunately the outcome I had expected was not to be. I know that my hair freaks out in the humidity when I run, so I thought braiding it would help out the nattiness of it. WRONG!!!! My friend Stacie could barely get the braid undone after the run. It took 30 minutes in the shower to get all the tangles out. OUCH!!! I decided that it was time to get the hair cut (7 inches off). I was trying to grow it out for Beautiful Lengths, but I just couldn't take it anymore. I was about an inch and a half too short, but it was driving me nuts. I'll have to try again next year, but in the winter this time. I was much happier on Sun for the bike ride. No hair sticking to every inch of my back. OK, so it really was not that bad, but almost. I do feel as if I have NO hair. It's so weird, but it looks much healthier now.
Still no news on how the special needs adoptions are going to be handled after September 1st. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. Please Oh Please keep everyone in suspense as long as you can and make it even more stressful and frustrating than it already it is. I did look into domestic "private" adoption. Apparently there really is no such thing as truly private anymore however, the lawyer that I spoke with is as close as it gets. Thankfully he doesn't charge to maintain a profile for you or to show it to birth parents he charges when he actually starts working your case. So, I can put together a profile and wait. Unfortunately, it could be indefinitely for me since I'm single, but maybe not. He said it's not common place that birth parents choose singles, but it has happened. I hate to do anything until I know for sure how the US & VN are going to process special needs.
Nothing too exciting planned for the week either. It's pretty sad. I'm sure you don't want to hear about my daily running schedule or lack there of or my yardwork which is going slowly in the heat, so I have nothing to post about until something truly exciting happens. : )


No comments:
Post a Comment