Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

DEADLINE

It's drawing closer to the September 1 deadline. 10 days and counting before the ceiling possibly falls in. I have signed another petition in hopes that Vietnam will continue/start the negotiations with the US on a new agreement and urging them to keep all currently logged dossiers at the Dept. of International Adoption and not send them back. Believe me, I can understand VN's hesitance in wanting to renegotiate an agreement after the reports the US has published on their adoption system and all the new regulations that the US has imposed ASAP, but I really hope that both governments pull their heads out and stop beating their chests to realize that THIS is not about them, it's about the children that are stuck in an orphanage living life in non optimal conditions. Not that the orphanages are dirty or anything. From what I've seen in pictures and heard from adoptive parents the orphanages are very clean and the children are cared for and loved to the best of the nurses/nannies abilities. It's just not the best place for any child.

There was a meeting in Hanoi on the 14th of August between the USCIS (immigration) and the DOS (State Dept.) to discuss "things" however, from what I can tell (which is based on what was reported to me) everyone keeps talking about the same stuff and nothing gets done or solved. The only real piece of information (what I consider real) is; they restated that older children and special needs children are prioritized in the approval of the I-600. They said they do not have a formal definition of what a special needs child was, but stated that children that had physical issues or diseases and needs that needed to be corrected in the US would qualify. Then there were the excuses as to WHY it's taking so long to process the I-600's and they stated that they were increasing the staff to help process the onslaught they received. I just think it's ridiculous that families wait SO long. There is a family who is adopting two absolutely adorable brothers, 5 & 3, that have been waiting 10 months since their acceptance of the boys to get the I-600 approval. That is beyond ridiculous to me. Now that they finally have the "golden ticket" they have to wait for a G&R (adoption) date. Usually a G&R date comes before the I-600 and keeps getting rescheduled because the I-600 isn't approved. I don't know what the deal is over there. I haven't checked lately and I can't remember if they have received the second "golden ticket" which is the official letter from the DIA stating that the boys are truly able to be adopted. Things change daily, so the letter may have already been sent hence the I-600 approval, but it may still be forthcoming. Either way, I hope that they travel soon because 10 months is WAY TOO long to wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and thought I'd say hello! Thank you; I think my boys are absolutely adorable, too. I can't wait to meet them. To answer your question, yes, we have the 'golden ticket' or official DIA match letter. These days it has to be submitted with the I-600 application. Since our I-600 has been approved, we're only waiting for final provincial approval which will result in a date for our Giving and Receiving Ceremony in Vietnam. It always seems like there's one more hoop to jump through, but I think this is finally the last one. I hope we'll be one of our agency's lucky families traveling in September.

I can only imagine how hard this month is for you. I wish you luck and hope you won't wait much longer for your little one to be revealed. ~Gina

Jenna Marie Howard said...

Hello
I just wanted to stop by and tell you I enjoy reading your blog. I am adopted and find such encouragement knowing you are adoptive parents fighting for your children. I am the Director of Public Relations for a non-profit organization called World Orphans. We build church based orphan homes all over the world and our mission is simple E3 to reach each church…each child…each community. I would love for you to take a look at our website and let me know if you have any questions. (www.worldorphans.com) I hope you will have a glorious blessed day!
Jenna M. Howard
-Director of Public Relations
www.Worldorphans.org
Jennah@worldorphans.org
www.JennaMarieHoward.com