Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

This 'n That

If you haven't noticed I put some links to the Love and Logic and Play Therapy websites under LINKS THAT I VISIT. These are some of the Parent Education Meetings that I have been attending. On the 10th I will be going to another titled Baby Sing & Sign. I'm looking forward to that one. I hear good things about using sign with kids. I will more than likely add more LINKS as the time passes.

If you're wondering, probably not, the Parenting Tests that I have to take are part of my required "classwork". They account for 10 hours of education. Heart of the Matter Seminars is who gives them. I watch the DVD's and then take an online test. Everyone must get 80% or better on the tests. The DVD's are OK, but one of the presenters voice is VERY annoying. I'm also required to go to four on CHI's Parent Education Meetings. I've covered that requirement however, there are several topics that are interesting and I will probably attend those as well. I think I'm required to take a parenting class through a local hospital or something like that, but I'm going to check on that for sure.

I've been running on the leg with no issues. I managed 16 miles at one time and it felt like a normal 16 miles. I know, I know, a "normal" 16 miles sounds ridiculous, but it felt pretty good. I'm scheduled for 20 or 22 miles this coming Saturday. I'm feeling a little more confident in being able to run 26.2 miles. I may not set a personal record, but at least I will finish.

This past weekend was Labor Day. Tim and I went to the lake. It was a full house. My brother, his wife and their three kids, my cousin, his wife and their two kids, my parents, 4 dogs plus Tim and I. Good thing there is enough room at the house. Tim and I came back early and ran on Monday morning. There was a race, but we chose not to do it. We did run to the race, 6½ miles one way, and Tim ran home then picked me up. OK, I was being lazy and didn't want to run all the hills back, I had enough of them getting to the race.

No comments: