Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sleeping in the Ceiling


THERE ARE TWO POSTS TODAY


This past weekend I finally decided to break down and buy a new mattress & box springs. I've only been sleeping on the same one since 1991. It WAS time. As you can see I'm now practically sleeping in the ceiling, or so it seems. The mattress now comes right up to the top of the footboard rail (not the posts) and this is already a tall bed. The old mattress only came up to where the seam is in on the side of the bedspread. I'd say a good six inches shorter than it is now. WOW!! See the stairs in the bottom right of the pic? If ONLY they would hold more than 70 pounds I wouldn't have to run and jump into my bed as if I was competing in the high jump at the Olympics. Tramp is even hesitant getting up and down using HIS stairs since it is still probably 12 inches above the top step. Even Audrey has a hard time. Despite the nose bleeds I've been getting (JK!) the mattress is quite comfy. Unfortunately I haven't slept all the way through the night on it, but last night was the best of three nights. I swear this mattress holds in heat or maybe since heat rises and I'm WAY up there I'm just sleeping in a warmer climate. ; ) Even with the ceiling fan on high it's still warm. Of course, I'm scared to get up in the middle of the night fearing that I may decapitate myself with the ceiling fan. It does however, give a new meaning to "rolling out of bed." I honestly roll out and I'm in a standing position. Tim hasn't seen it yet, but he laughs hard and outloud (his phrase) when I tell him about it. He gets back from Lincoln, NE tonight, so he'll get to participate in the high jump games as well.
I think I can hear the wheels turning in some of your heads. DOGS ON THE BED!! Yes, I let the dogs on the bed. I "co-sleep" with them. That's a parenting term that has been tossed around quite often lately. It works for me, the dogs and Tim unless we are all in the same bed. That gets a little cozy in a queen sized bed. The dogs a pretty respectful when both the two-legged people are in the bed. They will usually sleep on the floor until early morning and then jump up. Tramp has taken to cuddling with me. He likes to get under the covers and sleep as close as possible. Nothing like spooning with your dog. LOL! When he gets hot he'll pull his body out from under the covers, but some part of his body MUST be touching me. Last night it was one of his legs. He kept stretching it out to make sure he was still touching me.

No comments: