Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Keeping Busy & an Update

As it says in the timeline, I had my 20 year high school reunion the first weekend in August. 20 years! It's hard to believe I am THAT old. LOL! I was on the planning committee and we met once a month beginning back in January 2007, so I was happy that it was all over. I wish I could have stayed longer at both nights, but I had a long run and a long bike ride as well that weekend.

I've hit a snag in my training. I was at the lake a week and a half ago and slipped into a gap that is about 4-5" wide between our dock and the jet ski lift. OUCH!!! Thought I broke my leg for sure. I'm still pretty bruised up and have some fluid on my knee however, I'm not as swollen anymore. The most I have run at once time is 5 miles and this Saturday I will attempt to run 16. I'm scheduled for 20, but I'm not sure that's going to get done. My marathon is in just over 2 months so I have time to get in some longer runs. I've already had one 16 miler and getting in a 20 and a 22 should be fine. The knee is really the only part that even still hurts and I'm sure it will continue to hurt until the fluid gets reabsorbed into my body.

Football season has begun. The Chiefs aren't doing too well. They've lost both pre-season games and we have another tonight. Home opener isn't until September 23, but we have two regular season games before that. My dad has season tickets, so Tim and I get two of those. It's nice except when it's 100 degrees like it has been lately. I can't wait until fall.

It's really early however, I have decided on a "theme" for Baby N's room. If you click on this link you will see the Under The Sea Nursery Set
. I plan to take some of the characters and paint them on the walls below a chair rail. When it's all done (end of this year-beginning of next) I will take pictures. Since I found what I wanted I went ahead and bought it all. Not all of it, but pretty close.

The lack of referrals from CHI is starting to really get to me. They are getting referrals, but they are for older children and special needs. I don't know what is going on. I would have thought since CHI got high praise from the head of the DIA in Vietnam that things might start rolling. They said we were towards the top of the "Good" agencies working in Vietnam. I thought that might pull some weight in getting more children tossed CHI's way. Guess not. I suppose they need to be fair.

We do get weekly/bi-weekly updates from CHI and this is the week that I will ask what number I am on the lists. There is a master list (I started at #185 and it's up to around 210) and there is a list of families seeking a child 0-12 months, either gender and healthy. I was #104 and don't think I've moved up too much. My guesses are 175 & 102. I'll only ask every two months.

No comments: