Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Much of the same

So, my last few posts have been about give-a-ways on Laurie's blog and this one is not much different. Please visit Laurie's blog and enter to win a cute & cuddly blankie from Ambajam. I really like the Fresh Kiwi and Tangerine Orange with Green because they match the bedding that I have for the Infamous Baby N.

Laurie also has a give-a-way going for a gift for the Frothy Barley & Hops Loving Manly Man that you can check out here.

So this post isn't only about give-a-ways, not that they aren't SUPER, but I wanted to let you in on what's going on in the Vietnam adoption world. NOTHING! Well, next to nothing. My agency DID get their Hague approval, so WHEN Vietnam reopens I won't need to switch agencies to continue the adoption. When VN reopens they are expected to only work with agencies that have their Hague approval, so this is very good news for my agency and all the families still waiting and hoping.

The US & VN are supposed to be meeting this month to discuss the new agreement. No definite date has been set, but it was speculated to be around the 15th. I'm sure an outline will get hammered out then they'll have to meet again for revisions (hopefully only once) after they've spoke to the higher-ups then again to determine a date that the new agreement will begin. At least that is my hope anyway. The last time VN shut down it was 3 years and then almost 6 months before things got rolling again. This time there was already an agreement in place and I think VN & the US have an idea of what they want out of the new agreement, so the only thing that stands in the way is ego, in my opinion. I'm hoping that both countries can get past their need to beat their chest and think of all the children that are having to live their lives in orphanages when they could be living their lives in more nurturing loving homes.

No comments: