Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

What I consider the highlights of my year (in no particular order):

  • I ran three half marathons in two months after having not run one in a year and finally broke the 2 hour mark. No marathons because I actually think I'm burned out.
  • Tim and I bought a new house. It’s a very nice house, big enough for us and the three dogs and one day Baby N.
  • US Adoptions in Vietnam closed on September 1 due to the expiration of the bilateral agreement. It is speculated that they will reopen early 2010 yet nothing is certain.
  • I sold the house I lived in for 13 years in 4 days. It was a bitter sweet time in my life.
  • I broke my pinky Labor Day weekend while in Louisville , KY watching Tim compete in his first Ironman (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run) and rode myself to the ER.
  • What triathlons I did do this summer I placed within the top 5 of my age group.
  • We added a new member to our family the end of April. A black & silver miniature schnauzer named Lulu.

What are my plans for next year (you actually already know)?

  • I’ll be participating in my first half Ironman (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bke, 13.1 mile run) in June.
  • I’ll be doing A LOT of training.
  • I’ll be thinking about doing a second half Ironman and if I choose to participate it’ll be in September.
  • I’ll be doing A LOT of training.
  • I plan on road tripping - 1) to the lake as much as I can this summer 2) to Wisconsin to watch friends compete in their 1st Ironman 3) to Oklahoma City for a race 4) on another girls weekend - locale TBA

I hope you all have a happy and safe New Year and all your plans and dreams come true.

1 comment:

Mrs. Booms said...

Happy New Year!