Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, April 13, 2008

One Boring Weekend

Yes it was. I went trail running for the first time since March 7th and it didn't go well. I was having a real hard time breathing on just 4½ miles, so I decided to end the run before I got into too much trouble. The funny occurrence was the trail race for horses on the same trails we were running. I passed a group of three women on their horses and one woman remarked that she thought they were the only crazy ones to be out in the weather. It was about 35 degrees with 30 mph wind gusts. I passed another group of riders who all asked me if I lost my horse. They seemed very sincere when asking, so I said I was running and one gentleman told me that I should get myself a horse, it was easier. This is a first for me. Kind of funny actually.

The rest of the weekend was rest and relaxation. It actually snowed Saturday afternoon, so yard work was out of the question. There was no accumulation, but it was coming down fairly heavy. It briefly snowed again Sunday morning, but the afternoon turned sunny and not too chilly. With the R&R Tim and I ran some errands both days. YIPPEE!! Told you, one boring weekend.

No comments: