There were no referrals this week either. BIG SURPRISE. NOT! This whole thing SUCKS! I'm not going to make any decisions until closer to September 1st, but right now I'm pretty pissed. A friend of mine was called and told that the situation wasn't going to work out for her and that she should look at other options. I know that some other families were as well. My local coordinator has yet to call or email me, but she was out of the office Friday and is probably playing catch up and fielding MANY calls regarding the newest pile of crap thrown our way. I'm going to shoot her an email later and ask. I asked the program coordinator via email how I stood in this situation and haven't heard from her either. Not that I'm bashing either of them because there are tons of families in the same boat or worse than I and I'm sure everyone is hounding them today, but I just wish SOMEONE would get back with me. I did find out that my actual "log-in" date for my dossier was 04/22/08. Later than I thought, but at least it's there and hopefully I will get a referral.
In light of everything Friday I decided that since I wasn't going to have two-legged kids that I would just have fur-babies and went puppy shopping. No, I didn't buy one although I'm SO close to the cutest little "ankle biter" as Tim calls it. Tim actually liked the pup and the pup really liked him. Kisses and Nibbles all around. He's a Schnorkie. A Schnauzer-Yorkshire Terrier mix. I want to call him Scruffy because he is SO a Scruffy, but Tim thinks he needs a "BIG DOG" name since he's so tiny. He actually dreamt about names, but couldn't remember then the next morning. Maybe Mack/Mackey. Tim really wants a Mini Australian Shephard. I've posted pix of both the kinds of dogs not the exact dogs, so you get an idea. Scruffy looks more like the second pic in body, but is white and really fuzzy and the first pic in face. Tim called him button nose & eyes. The last pic is what Auggie would look like all grown up. Mini aussie's get about 40 pounds. Tim didn't want Auggie because he wouldn't look Tim in the face, but would me. Tim would rather buy from a breeder and really prefers a girl over a boy. I guess that is OK since he's only had girl dogs. My last two indoor dogs have been boys and the one before them was a girl, so it doesn't matter to me. We have one of each right now what's two more. LOL! Especially if I'm not going to have any two-legged kids. Fur-babies are just as awesome.


No comments:
Post a Comment