My dossier made it to Vietnam and is now in the process of being translated. Once it's translated it will be logged in at the DIA (Dept. of Internat'l Adoption) and sit rather impatiently waiting for a referral. I have NO idea when that will come and no one can really predict. Once I get the referral my dossier and my child's dossier will make their way through the "steps" and then I will get my travel notice. Travel has been coming at about 6 months after referral, so hopefully the referral will come in the next 4 months. No more than that PLEASE!!
I am #13, at last count, on the special needs list? OK, sounds great, but the number doesn't really mean much since if a family after me is open to more they will get a referral before me IF the child has different special needs than I said I would consider. There were 2 referrals last week however, we don't know if the children were healthy or had some special needs. Tomorrow we should get another update and I'm hoping that there will be more referrals. Cross your fingers everyone.
RECAP: The special needs that I requested: cleft lip, cleft palate, extra digits, club foot, premature and malnourished. These are actually pretty standard special needs for Vietnam and all, with the exception of the last two, surgically correctable and simple surgeries at that. The last two aren't that bad once the child gets past the first few months of life. Usually a child is categorized as premature and malnourished at birth or abandonment and it doesn't necessarily mean they still are when I pick them up.


No comments:
Post a Comment