This weekend was really nice. YEE HAW!! It was a nice change of pace from the rain that we have been seeing. The mornings were about 47 degrees with it warming up to low 70's. Unfortunately there was also wind like crazy. I went on a 47 mile bike ride Saturday AM and the wind was hell. I hate wind whether running or biking and I SWEAR that this ride was all uphill at the same time. BTW, I don't like hills that much either, so uphill against the wind really sucks running or biking. By the time the bike ride was over I was really hurting and thought that the 5k race I had planned for Sunday was not going to go well. Little did I know it would go fairly well. I missed 3rd place in my age group by 8 seconds. I thought my time would have been good enough for 3rd, but 4th out of 46 in my age group, 118th out of 555 overall, 36th out of 339 females isn't too bad. I just hope it carries over to the 4 mile race I have this coming Sunday.
This weeks weather is going to be warm. High 40-50's overnights and mid-60's to low 70's during the days. Slight chance of rain today and maybe one more time this week. I'm really excited for spring weather and spring clothes, but spring here seems to last about 2 weeks before it's 90 with 100% humidity. That, I am not ready for, so I'm praying for spring weather until July. LOL! Wishful thinking, I know.
ADOPTION NEWS:
I did find out today that my dossier is most definitely at the DIA and has been for over a week now. I was contacted on April 7th and told that my dossier was being translated or so I thought. It actually had been translated and was going to the DIA that week. YEA! NOW, if only the US agencies, mine included, can keep getting referrals despite the current bad feelings the orphanages have with the US.


No comments:
Post a Comment