I want to say that this blog is for me to keep friends and family updated on my adoption. It is also a place where I can voice my opinions (bitch and moan) about the process. The lack of healthy infant referrals has been the main culprit up to this point and now the whole MOU situation is not helping my frustrations.
It's just hard knowing that because I've chosen NOT to accept a child with some sort of special need or an older child that, essentially, other families chosing the same and me are getting screwed over by the pending referral and MOU situations. Of course, I'm being selfish I think most would in this situation. I want to know who my child is and bring him/her home ASAP. It doesn't mean I'm not happy for the families and kids that are getting matched, but to watch the wait times continue to rise due to low referral rates is aggrevating.
When I found out that the orphanages chose the children for you and not the government it sent red flags. I often wonder if this is the reason for the low number of referrals of healthy infant children to my agency. Especially when I read on another blog how quickly they were referred a SECOND healthy child after bringing home their first and being pregnant to top it all off. I'm happy for this family and I'm sure their agencies waiting list is much shorter than my agency's list, or at least that is what I would like to believe. I'm also sure that their agency has different policies on pregnancy. My agency insists that you put all your plans on hold until after your child is born because they think there should be at least one year between the children. OK, however they don't have the policy for an older child adoption. That child can be the same age as any of your other children. It doesn't really make sense to me. Maybe they feel families who already have children are better able to parent two children the same age. I don't really believe that either.
Maybe I'm just looking for things to complain about, maybe I'm truly justified in my bitches or maybe I'm full of crap. This week has really tested my patience as I'm sure the next few YEARS will do. I used to look forward to the weekly updates sent by my agency and now I dread opening them only to see NO NEW REFERRALS. If there are no referrals this week I think by the time the Tet holiday is over it'll be 5 weeks with no referrals. SAD!!!!


1 comment:
I'm sorry you are so frustrated. It's hard to wait when all you want to do is bring your child home. Hang in there.
Post a Comment