Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2008

ARG-ish!

As you can see by the ticker at the top of the page, it has been 7 months and 2 days since I got on the waiting list. On the positive side...that's 7 months down and only 11-17 to go, so less than a year and a half. On the negative side...it's A YEAR AND A HALF!!!!!!! Maybe even more.

I read in the latest Vietnam Newsletter my agency sends out, that the next family in line for a girl has been waiting 19 months and the next family for a boy has been waiting 17 months. What happened to 8-10 months for a boy and 12-18 for a girl? Now the waits are practically the same. Since I've been on the list there have been 6 boys and 6 girls referred. Now that is healthy kids in my age range. There have been many more healthy (not in my age range) and/or special needs/waiting children referred. This year (2008), so far, there have been 5 kids, but 4 of those kids count for two individual families since they are siblings. So, really only 3 referrals this year. I suppose it is ONLY January and I can't remember what the stats from the previous years are, so I don't know for sure if this is the norm or WAY slower. My guess is slower.

With Tet, the Lunar New Year, beginning soon there will be no referrals for at least two weeks. Everything closes down and the Vietnamese people celebrate life, love and family. I'll have more on Tet in a later post. Anyway, I hope referrals start POURING IN after Tet or this process will take MUCH longer than I think I can stand. I may have to give up entirely on the idea of having a little boy/girl from Vietnam, change agencies or change countries. The latter two options making the process longer I'm sure.

I really wish I had some good news, but unfortunately it's all crap news. There just seems to be NO positive news from any source right now. I'm just really really really PISSED off right now.

No comments: