The only thing I can add at this point is that from June 22, 2007 (when I was added to the list) to December 31, 2007 I moved up 41 spots. That is two more than my prediction, so that's good. There was only 1 referral in December which didn't help me. In fact, only 1 of the last 6 referrals was in my age range. There is some good news however, I'm not sure how much it helps me. The Department of International Adoption in Vietnam is allowing my agency, maybe others I don't know, to have 100 dossiers (the paperwork) logged in at one time. That doesn't mean that adoptions will go faster it just means that IF the Memorandum Of Understanding isn't signed mid-year those with dossiers logged in can complete their adoptions. The news is two fold. Those who DO NOT have dossiers logged in are screwed until the MOU is resigned. Which means longer waiting, moving to another country or pulling out of an adoption all together. Let's just hope that doesn't happen, but we should know more in March.
My hope was...since they are allowed 100 dossiers and I'm 144 on the list that I would be called to start my dossier and get it all done before the MOU comes due and be safe if it isn't signed. After getting more info and "crunching" the numbers, it looks as though that WON'T happen. The agency only released 70 people on the list to start their dossiers since there were already 30 with the paperwork in. That means there are still 43 people before me on the dossier list. The agency will release more people as families get referrals, so I probably won't be called to start my dossier until mid-year therefore not being able to get it all done IF the MOU isn't signed.
It is ONLY the 7th of the month, but there has been only 1 referral this year which was a waiting child (not a healthy referral). Again, with the special needs kids. Glad for them, but it sucks for me!! It does move me up on the main list, but not my specific list. I don't know how many on my specific list are also asking for some special needs since I don't get those numbers anymore, but that can move me up as well.
Anyway, at this point (and IF nothing goes wrong with the MOU) it will be EVERY bit of 24 months before I receive a referral, so I won't be traveling until the end of 2009 to bring my child home since the wait after referral is 4-6 months. ARG!!!! Let's hope that all goes well with the MOU, so that I and many others won't have to wait longer than we already are.


No comments:
Post a Comment