Sailor T
Sailor came to live with us on October 9, 2010 (a birthday present for me). He was adopted from an animal shelter at Lake of the Ozarks. A friend of my parents volunteers at this shelter and she started sending me emails of all their intakes in July. On October 6th Tim and I saw this picture and could resist. Sailor was 7 pounds 10 ounces when we got him. They thought he was a Blue Heeler/Cattle Dog Mix, but the more he grows the more he changes and now we think he is a Rhodesian Ridgeback mix.


Sailor came to live with us on October 9, 2010 (a birthday present for me). He was adopted from an animal shelter at Lake of the Ozarks. A friend of my parents volunteers at this shelter and she started sending me emails of all their intakes in July. On October 6th Tim and I saw this picture and could resist. Sailor was 7 pounds 10 ounces when we got him. They thought he was a Blue Heeler/Cattle Dog Mix, but the more he grows the more he changes and now we think he is a Rhodesian Ridgeback mix.

Sailor T was a mere 6 weeks old when I volunteer found him wandering the Ozarks roads with a sibling and his mom (Sept 23rd). The volunteer could only catch Sailor. Now knowing him doesn't surprise us. He's very social. Loves to meet new people and other dogs. He is just the sweetest, loving, cuddly, smart boy. His middle initial is 'T' which represents Tip, the name he was given at the shelter, and Tramp, because I am convinced my Trampster buddy's soul is in Sailor.
I have a TON of pictures, but I can't put them all up. I thought I would try to get a few comparison pix up and you could see how much he's grown in the short 5 months he's been with us.
Audrey and Lulu love him! They all got along from the first day. Of course, there have been alpha incidents, but for the most part they are enjoying each other.
Here are Lulu and Sailor in the first days and about a month ago. At first Lulu felt she need to watch over Sailor, but now I think they just love to cuddle with each other.
Here are Lulu and Sailor in the first days and about a month ago. At first Lulu felt she need to watch over Sailor, but now I think they just love to cuddle with each other.

The pic on the left is Sailor laying on Tim's lap on the drive home from the shelter and the pic on the right is about a month later. He didn't fit on Tim's lap anymore, but Sailor was loving cuddling with Mickey. LOL!


Left = First week home; Right = a month ago. Lanky fellow, huh?

Left = Christmas. Right = this past weekend. He's gotten SO big. As of February 17th he was 40 pounds.

Left = Christmas. Right = this past weekend. He's gotten SO big. As of February 17th he was 40 pounds.
All three dogs enjoying their time running through the woods and a close up on all three. I tell you, these three are inseparable.
Sailor has been a great puppy. Tim thought there was something wrong with him because he's always been so calm, laid back and a napper (Lulu didn't nap until she was 1½). This is the only boy dog Tim has ever had and by far the calmest, so Tim didn't really know what to think. Sailor is going to be a good runner. He LOVES to run with dad, the girls and through the woods. We'll start working him up to some distances soon. We're also hoping that he'll enjoy swimming like his sissy's do. I'm sure swimming will take a little longer for him to get used to, but I think he'll like it.






No comments:
Post a Comment