Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Racing

Not that this post will be very interesting to most of you, but since I'm trying to update on the last year's happenings I thought I would just jot this down.

I didn't do many races last year due to the knee injury. I wanted to let it heal, but sitting still and doing absolutely nothing wasn't going to happen. I did do a lot of nothing yet managed to get in a few races.

After Goofy I did Psycho Wyco in mid-February. It's a 10, 20 or 30 miles trail run. It's crazy! Mud, Mud, Mud. That race pretty much messed up the knee completely and I only did the 10 mile loop. I didn't run another race until mid-March and that was a little 4 mile race. It didn't go well, but I did it. The next race was mid-April. My knee felt great for this 4 mile race, but I had been sick the whole week before and my time was crap.

I kept my runs to around 3/4 miles for the most part and threw in a 6 mile or two through the summer in order to get the knee to heal up. The only triathlon I did was in July and it was canceled mid-way through due to weather. This was the second year in a row that the race was canceled due to weather. I was a little miffed because my bike was going so well and I could have easily finished the run before the really bad weather hit.

By late August I was running around 8 miles and trying to bump it up. The knee was feeling good, but I still wore the brace on the longer runs. I paced the Kansas City Half Marathon again this year. I helped people come in at 2:15 or better. I also ROCKED a 5k in October. I had my best time to date. It truly surprised me. I finished out the year with a half marathon right before Thanksgiving. It was OK, not great. I was still under 2 hours, but not as far under as I would have liked.

Not much racing so far this year. I have a 5 mile race coming up this weekend, a half marathon April 2nd, a 4 mile race later in April, I'm pacing the Lincoln Half Marathon May 1 then I'm doing a half ironman mid-June. I may throw in a couple of 5k's in May if I feel like it.

No comments: