I decided that I would try the dogs at doggie care. When Tim is at home the dogs are out all day since he works from home and when he travels they are cooped up all day because I don't. Tim usually travels 2-3 days a week, so I feel bad about the pups being stuck inside all day while I'm at work. Last night I got home and all three of us went for a 3 mile run on the cross country course behind my old high school.
Today I have a strength class from 530-630p and Tim is traveling, so I felt extra bad that they would be stuck inside. So, to doggie care they went. First time out. They'll only be there until noon. It's not the place I wanted to get them into, but this place is nice. Apparently doggie care can be like premiere preschools to get into.
This day care has a webcam in all their rooms, so I got on after the pups had been there an hour and this is what I found....
Sailor is the one hugging the wall and Audrey is standing between the large groups of dogs. I watched for several minutes and Sailor hugged the wall the whole time. Occasionally Audrey came over to check on him then she'd walk away. I could hear her telling him to relaxing and enjoy.
I checked out another room and watched for several minutes as well only to find Sailor doing the same thing when he was put into the room with smaller dogs and Lulu. They are the two huddled right next to the gate. Lulu was doing the same thing Audrey was, checking on Sailor then walking away.
There is a floor level camera in the smaller dog room and Lulu came right up to it. She didn't know it was there. I think the camera just happens to be right next to the window and she wanted to look out.

Surprisingly, Sailor is the one that doesn't seem to care for day care. I really thought he and Audrey would love it and Lulu wouldn't. Maybe he'll warm up as the day goes. He is just under 8 months old, so it may be a little too much. We'll try again next week and see if it goes any better.





No comments:
Post a Comment