Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekend

I hope every one's Memorial Weekend was good.

Tim and I went to the lake with the dogs in tow. It was a good time. When we arrived Friday we had dinner and then celebrated my niece, nephew and nephew/cousin's birthday days. They all share the same birthday. 2 and 3 years old. It was funny to watch them all open their presents. I think Ian's favorite present was his sports balls, Avery's fav was her twin baby dolls and Clay's fav was his airport. My brother also celebrated his birthday on Sunday.

Lulu jumped right in the water this year. I was surprised since she hasn't swam since last August. I thought she'd be a little tentative. My uncle took pictures, so whenever he sends them to me I'll post. She is such a good little swimmer. I think having Audrey as an older "sister" helps. Lulu must wear the life vest since she's black if Audrey dunks her we can't see her. Not that Lulu wouldn't swim back up, but it's just safer. We usually throw a tennis ball out for Audrey to chase and Lulu was racing her to the ball. She only got it once, but she like the ring toy. Unfortunately, so does Audrey. Poor Lu doesn't stand a chance in the water. On land Lu can give A a run for her money.

Tim & I came back late Sunday night, so we could ride Monday. Tim's ride was in the AM and mine was scheduled for the PM, but I got the opportunity to ride the ironman course again with Trish & Jamie in the AM. Good thing there, but I had to bail on Jean & Megan which was a bad thing. I need to get better at the ironman course since I'm racing it in a little over 2 weeks. I feel pretty good about the bike course now. The run I'm good with. The swim......I know I can swim it, but it won't be fast and it won't be pretty since I haven't been swimming much. Ya know, I'm just out there to finish the darn race.

No comments: