****UPDATED****
Mon - 5 @ 5p. The plan was changed because it was supposed to be raining in the AM. There were times during the day when I thought it would never stop.
Tue - Day off due to the load of the rest of the week. Went to see Tim do his first criterium bike "race." It was really just a training ride, but on a crit course.
Wed - 5 @ 5a & spin. I subbed for my friend Stacie who teaches a spin class at a local community center. First time I've taught in 9 years! It wasn't too bad. I just hope the class thought it was OK.
Thu - 3 @ 5a & biking. I rode 20 miles then stopped to meet some friends at a new restaurant then I rode 3.25 miles home.
Fri - Wound up not swimming because I had too many errands to run after work and really wanted to be rested for the big weekend.
Sat - Cycling. I rode 52 hilly miles in Lawrence, KS. It was a Kansas 70.3 (half ironman) training ride on the actual course. This bike is going to suck. I found myself wishing I would get injured, so I didn't have to do the race because the bike was awful.
Sun - Run. Half marathon. Took this easy since I had a big bike on Saturday. We'll that was the plan. I actually raced it a little. I had planned on running the half in 2 hours 10 minutes, but actually ran it in 1 hour 59 minutes. It's not my personal best and I wasn't trying for it, but I don't know if I could have had a PR on that course. HILLY! And to top it all off, some SICKO thought it would be fun to have the last three miles of the race be uphill and the last 1.1 miles of it into a strong wind plus an uphill sprint (0.1 miles) to the finish line. CRUEL! Just plain cruel and unusal punishment. Let me tell ya, the last 1.1 mile hill was a doozie!


No comments:
Post a Comment