This past weekend Tim and I took a short drive down to Louisburg, KS to a place called
Cedar C0ve. It's a really neat place where they have all sorts of felines.
Siberian &
Bengal Tigers,
Lynx, Serval,
Bobcat,
Mountain Lion, Leopard, Wolf Cubs,
Caracal. The animals are in cages, but you can get 5 feet from them. I took some pictures with my cell because, of course, I forgot the camera. It is a very educational place to go. I learned a lot about the tigers. The Siberian Tiger is larger than the Bengal Tiger. The Siberian is a muted orange and the Bengal is a bold orange. The Siberian has thicker more spread out stripes and the Bengal has thinner closer together stripes. Tigers can weigh from 300-700 pounds and live to be 20+ in captivity and 13-15 in the wild. The White Tiger is most always a Bengal. The White is a recessive gene, so two orange tigers can have a white cub. Even two White Tigers can have orange cubs. I highly recommend visiting if you get a chance.
VooDoo the
Leopard

Shadow the
Wolf (the spec in the corner of the cage)
No comments:
Post a Comment