Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

All Things Wedding

So, I had brunch with friends this past Sunday and they gave me a gift card to Barnes and Noble where I promptly went (Monday) and bought myself a planning book and a guide/planner for Timmy. I've looked through my book, but I don't think Tim has touched his. I mentioned, ever so nicely, last night that he might give it a gander before he gets himself into more trouble than he's already in. Tim says that what I want is OK with him yet when I show him something he has definite opinions.

I still haven't made any real decisions except I believe I want THIS as the cake topper or to decorate the cake table or maybe THIS ONE or maybe both. The first one I can personalize with the date or our names, but I can't do that on the second one.

I thought I wanted burgundy/merlot/wine for the colors, but looking through some flower books there are not a lot that go with that color. I did see some really dark calla lilies (officially they are black/purple), but I would like to see one in person to determine if they are too dark/purple to look good against burgundy/merlot/wine. If I choose the calla lily I can always mix some off-white ones to offset the darkness. I also liked the idea of wheat (idea from a friends sisters wedding), but I got laughed at, HARD (Thanks Stacie-she was crying from laughing). I also liked the idea of herbs (Tim not so much), but apparently that is what a wedding bouquet was made out of originally. I also like the idea of a natural bouquet. Yes, some pictures look like weeds, but some are very pretty. Most of them look like you went out to the field and grabbed a bunch of flowers, but I kind of like that idea. It would go well in galvanized buckets as center pieces.

OH, for those of you going, HMMMM, we're getting married in a barn. It's a VERY nice barn (no stalls or anything) with solid wood floors, big wooden beams in the ceiling, rustic, with a nice patio and, yes, it's red.

3 comments:

Mrs. Booms said...

I've been to a wedding reception there, it was really nice!

J&T'sMom said...

Actually, there is a very nice barn near here that holds weddings and it is beautiful. At night with flowers and lights, the atmosphere can't be beat. Good choice! BP

Anonymous said...

We had our wedding reception in a barn at an apple orchard, and I LOVED it. I think wine colored dresses would be beautiful, too!