The difference between a good athlete and an average athlete.

Tim got third overall at the indoor tri back on the 24th of February and I got third in my age group. I was third overall after my heat, which was the first heat of women, and then all those young whipper snappers kicked my arse!

This is the last trail run we did (March 9th). It was 7 miles through creeks, streams, rocks and roots. We crossed this creek twice. This picture is from the good side of the bridge we ran under. On the other side we were actually running in the water over our ankles. Three times over the course of 7 miles we ran through water over our ankles in the high 30's for weather. Fun stuff! I'm being serious. Tim placed 10th overall and for men and I placed 10th for women and WAY down overall. See...good athlete/average athlete.
We're supposed to have heavy rain storms overnight tonight and snow around 9-10am with everything heading out by noon. I'm not sure if I'm going to run the trails in the rain. I may just run on my own after noon. Yea, I'm turning into a fair weather runner. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME???!!!
You know most of the adoption news. I now have my dossier complete and I'm just waiting until Tuesday to head to Topeka and FedX it out to DC. Nothing like a 29 hour dossier completion. I wonder if that's a record? As for referrals.....NONE. That's right NONE for the last four weeks. I really don't know whether to be excited that my dossier will be turned in. I'm hoping that there will be TONS of referrals coming in the next few months. Good news is that 7 families have received travel approval and should be traveling in the next week to pick up their kiddos.


1 comment:
You go girl!!! Love the pictures.
Good to see you Friday night. Feels like it's been forever since we've talked or anything else!!!
Post a Comment