Did I wind up running this weekend? NOPE! I was a bum and slept in Saturday morning. It was a good thing since my foot has been hurting since last Wednesday and I needed the rest before the triathlon on Sunday. As you all read Friday night was a bust. The televangelist was Joel Osteen plus there was a Farm Show and Stars on Ice in town. ARG!! The triathlon went well. I thought I had done pretty well, but being the first heat of girls gets you picked off fairly quickly. I did take 6½ minutes off my time from last year, so it wasn't all bad. Did Tim win? Not really. He should have and would have if he hadn't been paying attention to his competition instead of me. I put the kick board in the water right before his last lap and then he completely ignored it and swam another lap because he saw the guy he was trying to beat turn and do another lap. WELL, Tim apparently is more deaf than his competition and the competition only swam one length instead of two. Oh Well, he can't blame me for it. Crab legs were great and so was the baby shower.
I did get my number in line in regards to the adoption........wait for it........#125! Yes, that's 125. Down from 144 at the end of 2007. 19 spaces and only 6 referrals for the year. WOW! That is a lot of people choosing to opt out of their Vietnam adoption or needing to put it on hold. Selfishly I hope they keep dropping for whatever reason so I can move up more quickly. On the compassionate side of things I feel bad for these families having to drop or postpone after making it as far as they had. Since the difference is 13 spaces that's 13 families ahead of me that have dropped meaning they started this process well before me and have been waiting longer than me. I don't think I could make that decision after 8+ months. I'm in it for the long haul. It may just kill me, but I don't think I can turn back now. I'll keep you updated.
I hope you all have a good week. I'm off to San Francisco this Thursday and I hope the weather is better than here.


No comments:
Post a Comment