TIDBIT # 1 - It occurred to me the other day that I didn't post about Valentine's Day. Tim and I went to spin class that night. Yep, that was it. He had just gotten back from St. Louis, so we had planned to do nothing except spin. Saturday night however, he cooked a really nice dinner. Steak, mashed 'tators, asparagus, shrimp, wine and a chocolate. It was very good and I was proud of him for being able to put it all together since his idea of a meal is a piece of meat. That's it. A piece of meat. He also got me some Ghiradelli chocolates (which he'll wind up eating) and a Wallet Pix. The wallet pix is really cool. I uploaded some pictures already and carry it in my purse. (You can get them at Bed, Bath and Beyond as well) I got him some PJ's. My mom got him a pair of "lounge pants," as he calls them, and a matching shirt a few years back for Christmas and he really liked them, so I found some at Target and bought his another set. He's such an old man. LOL! He does actually sleep in them as well as wear them around just to be comfy.
TIDBIT # 2 - There were 3 referrals last week. All infants. One boy and two girls aged 3, 2 and 6 months respectively. Congrats to those families who should travel in the next 4-6 months to pick up their kiddos. Hopefully this week will bring an equal number of referrals. The Tet holiday has been over for a week now, so things should get moving. Hopefully.
TIDBIT # 3 - Ran on a new trail this past Saturday. The people my friend Tracy and I met there were super nice and the trails were scenic. There is this one section where old stuff has gone to die. We saw an old lawn mower and two cars. The cars had trees growing up through them. There was also this really large tree that had fallen over and pulled the roots out with it. The roots had grown through rock, so the roots are still stuck in the rocks and combined they make this cool little wall. It was really neat. No wildlife on this run however.
TIDBIT # 4 - On Sunday the 10th I went to a local Vietnamese restaurant, Cafe Song, for the Tet holiday. The event was put on by my agency and several families who have adopted or who are in the process were there. The food was really good. I was surprised that I liked all of it. I'm pretty picky when it comes to food. I spent a little over an hour there playing with Kennison and helping her mommy & daddy out since baby Colton was just born and they need to eat and hold him. Kennison will be two this month sometime and she's an ABSOLUTE DOLL! Tim met her at the summer picnic and loved her as well.
Hope you all are having a great week.
DISCLAIMER: Sorry for any misspellings. Blogger doesn't seem to want to spell check for me these days. Maybe it's just this computer. It hates me most of the time.


1 comment:
On behalf of my wife Van and myself, your group was an absolute pleasure to host and she hopes to see all the Vietnamese children again. It really made her happy as she is homesick for her family in Vietnam.
Also we have a number of children's books for Vietnamese children in the cafe for your group to check out when you visit.
And our offer still stands. Van would love to meet with the children and teach them stories and songs from her childhood in Vietnam. Pick a day, and we'll put aside the private room for you.
Regards,
Rod & Van
Cafe Song
Post a Comment