Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday

For lack of a better post name. I'm so boring. Maybe just brain dead from the week and thankful that it is FINALLY Friday. Not that the weekend is going to be any better. Jam packed and fun filled that's for sure.

Oh Yes, it's Ladies Night and the feeling's right, oh yes, it's ladies night, Oh what a night

That's right...be jealous...it's ladies night tonight and we're in for dancing (pole that is), drinking and debauchery. Oh what a night!!!!

Girls, ya'll got one, A night that's special everywhere, from NY to Hollywood, It's ladies night and girl the feeling's good. Oh yes, it's ladies night and the feeling's right, oh yes, it's ladies night, oh what a night. ~ Kool and the Gang

Hopefully I will be able to wake up Saturday morning and run the 10 miles I'm scheduled to do. If I miss it I won't be too upset. That'll just mean more free time for me to relax before Sunday.

Sunday morning Tim and I will be participating in an indoor triathlon. He's looking to win and I'm just looking to finish better than I did last year. It's kind of a long day since they run the race in heats of six and every heat has practically gone before they give out awards. I probably won't be staying for that since I'm going to a baby shower that afternoon as well as to my parents house for a crab fry. YUMMY YUM YUM!!! Yes, a jam packed Sunday.

Who said rest is necessary? I think I heard that you get enough of it when you're dead, so why worry about it now.

Week update.........Nothing too exciting. Really only two things to talk about that don't normally go on. 1) The movie 'Spirit of the Marathon' was good last night. I left there wanting to sign up for the Chicago Marathon this year knowing full well that I couldn't. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that marathon. If you EVER decide you want to run a marathon that is the one to do. 2) I forgot to mention the new level of trail running I experienced this week. I ran a little over 3 miles, in the woods, in the dark on a trail. I had a headlamp to guide my way which was a little weird, but cool at the same time. The neatest/scariest part was hearing rustling, turning my head to see MANY beady green eyes staring back at me. Yes, the deer were not impressed with Tracy, her dog, Lucy, and me running on their turf. I will concede that the woods at night should/do belong to the deer however, they are fair game during the day. I was worried that I would wind up on 'Animals Attack' or some other funky home video show, but that would mean some weirdo was lurking in the woods, at night with a video camera. UGH! that's just too freaky to think about.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: