There was an adoption update yesterday and there were NO new referrals. : ( I tried to ask for my number in line, but the St. Louis office was closed due to the ice storm and Nikki (KC Office) said that Nicky (St. Louis Office) didn't attach the list. I'm going to have to wait until Monday to find out. On the positive side, this adorable little girl who has been on the waiting child list for over a year was adopted. She is SO unbelievably cute and if I thought I could handle HIV+ and Hepatitis-C+ I would have asked for her off the bat. I'm SO glad that she found her forever family. The last line of the update stated "We hope to receive more referrals in the near future!!!!" I don't know about you, but it doesn't sound too encouraging to me.
My initial referral time was 8-10 months. It's hard to believe that one year ago 8-10 months was the goal. I could of have been that much closer to a referral right now. 8 months down 10-16 to go. WOW! Does that seem like a long time? When I thought it out in my head it didn't seem too bad, but when I typed it out. YIKES! I think the #1 family on the list for a boy/either has been waiting 18 months. I think this counts as SERIOUS labor pains. What do you think?


No comments:
Post a Comment