Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 22, 2007

Weekend in Review

Packet pickup was OK. They had me slated to do the full marathon when I had signed up to do the half, so I had to get that all changed. Tim and I were going to have dinner with some friends, but the waits were ridiculous. Who eats at 8pm or later on a Friday night? Then again, I hate to eat after 8pm so I always try to eat by 7pm. Tim and I wound up going to Applebee's for something quick since it was getting late and we needed to get to bed.

The race was good. The weather was great. Tim paced the 3 hour 30 minute marathoners and brought them in at 3 hours 29 minutes and 58 seconds. I was doing the half marathon as a training run, so I decided that a 2:20 was slow enough and paced my friend Stacie to her personal best time. We came in at 2 hours 17 minutes and 40 seconds. It was a 5 minute PR for her. I was so proud of her. She did really well even at the end when I was yelling at her to run faster towards the finish line and she didn't think she could go any faster, but she caught up with me and we crossed the line together.

A large group of us spent the rest of the day partying. OUCH! We went to a local bar that was about 2 blocks from the finish line, ate, drank and basically caused a scene. It was hilarious! I don't think I laughed so hard or much in my whole life. Even wonder how many people you can get into one of those photo booths? I have the answer.....8 adults. Yes, I said 8! We crammed in there and got our photo taken. I need to find a scanner to up load the pictures and post them. Look for that next week sometime.

We did go home in the afternoon and get some sleep. Well, some of us did. I think I got about 5 minutes. Some of us met for dinner and then went on to a dueling piano bar (BIGGS Piano Bar, I think that's the name) meeting some more people from the afternoon festivities there. It was a BLAST!!! I love dueling piano bars. We used to have one called The Keys, but they shut it down. I have no idea why since it was one of the best places to go IMHO. Downtown KC is being "revitalized" and Howl at the Moon is supposed to be down there this December. YEA!!!!!! I love that place as well.

Needless to say I didn't get much rest on Saturday. Probably not the best idea since I started getting sick on Wednesday night. No harm done. Cold Eeze and soup helped a lot. When we left the piano bar Saturday night my voice was gone. Today, I still sound like a dogs squeaky toy. However, I feel pretty good despite the cough and the lack of voice. Doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING Sunday was great! I simply became one with the couch. How very "Zen" of me.

I hope every one's weekend was as memorable as mine. Have a great week!

1 comment:

J&T'sMom said...

And you were trying to convince us your life was boring.