RANTS
1) I HATE telemarketers!!! Can't they just leave me alone. Thankfully they don't call my home very often, but it's truly ANNOYING that they call at work almost every hour or more. Where is the NO CALL LIST for businesses? Put the damn telemarketers out of commission.
2) Ignorant drivers erk me! Here in the great state of Kansas some LAZY bureaucrat decided that it was a good idea to send the booklet AND the test to your home when it's time to renew your DL. Seriously??!! Is anyone, except me (I'm a dork), going to actually read the book and THEN take the test? More than likely NOT! They look at the questions then thumb through the book for the answers. Is this really learning anything? That is why there are SO many ignorant drivers out there sent specifically to piss me off as I drive down the road. OK, maybe they aren't ALL out to get me just some of them are. ; )
3) Getting old and having your body rebel against you sucks! Why is it that I can hardly eat a thing and I look like I'm 5 months pregnant? Usually the big FAT pooch goes away by morning however, the past few mornings it has STILL been there. Is this going to be the norm from here on out? Does ANYONE have a time machine, so I can go back to my 20's?
CRAP
1) No updates on the adoption front. CHI didn't receive ANY referrals last week. I'm still researching Hepatitis-B at a VERY slow pace.
2) My birthday was yesterday (10/8/07). Saturday night Tim took me to dinner at Houston's on the Plaza and I had the Hawaiian Rib-Eye. I HIGHLY recommend it for those that are in KC. We didn't do anything on my actual b-day, but that is OK. I enjoyed the quiet. My parents, brother, sister-in-law, niece, nephew, Tim and I will be going to dinner this Friday night.
3) Dancing with the Stars. LOVE IT! Love Bruno and his metaphors. I really hope Wayne Newton gets voted off tonight. He should have gone last week instead of Albert Reed. It's a HUGE popularity contest and that really bugs me. It should be about skill, but isn't that the way of the world. Can Dancing be on every night?
I just thought I should post SOMETHING so my blog didn't grow cobwebs and become covered in dust. Although, given Halloween is coming up that might be an attractive feature.


3 comments:
HELLO... I'm an asshole. Had no idea it was your birthday... Why? Because I suck at those things in a hard core way.
I soooo need you to send me a list of all your immediate family members B-days. Obviously, cannot count on Jason to remember...
:) Happy birthday woman!!!
If it is any consolation, there are crappy drivers in NC too. We don't even take the written test every few years. I haven't taken it since I moved here.
Happy Birthday!
I so understand about the telemarketers! When you are waiting for the "call" you get really tired of hanging up on all the fax machines (we don't even own one!) and other such calls.
Post a Comment