AT&T U-verse. Heard of it? I had it installed Friday 09/21/07. It's TV through fiber optic cables plus you can get your high speed Internet through them and have it all on one bill. I'll be saving around $20-25 per month having both "products" bundled together. I already have the Internet through AT&T and with this package I get bumped up in processing speed and keep all my same email info. A four "tuner" DVR and up to two other receivers are included. Do I need all of this? Maybe. I am a TV junkie, but it's saving me $$ and right now all the savings I can get I'll take.
Bad Things:
1) Sound is kind of poor. I must turn up the volume WAY up. Maybe I'm just getting old.
2) Even though there are 3 receivers (one is a DVR) you can still ONLY watch 4 different channels at the same time. OK, who can really watch 4 things at the same time? Since premiere week has been the last two weeks it was pretty easy, but normally I wouldn't have a problem. The four "tuner" is really just four separate "lines" into the house.
3) Receiver must be on to record anything using the DVR or VCR.
Good Things:
1) You can set the DVR to record something via the Internet or erase something that you have recorded however, the receiver must be on to register the changes.
2) The DVR. Who doesn't like to pause live TV and then skip through the commercials?
3) It's cheaper than Comcast CRAP Cable.


No comments:
Post a Comment