Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 16, 2011

TCB @ Graceland

The week of May 2nd I was in Memphis at meetings for work.  The best part of the week was Wednesday night when we got to visit Graceland.  I haven't been to Graceland since I was probably 12 and I didn't remember anything other than Elvis' grave stone.  Let me tell you, that doesn't even look like I remember it. 

Our group got a private tour of the grounds and house then had a catered dinner at the diner across the street and got to shop at one of the gift shops.  Did you know that Graceland is one the National Historic registry?  I didn't!

I'll just post some pictures for you.  I'm pretty sure you can still click on the individual pictures to make them larger, but who knows with this new blogger (which I don't care for).

Graceland















The Dining Room

 



The Living Room & Music Room

Meditation Garden in panoramic (where Elvis, his parents and gma are buried)



Elvis' grave stone


The Gold Record hallway in the Trophy house


By far the most impressive room.  This is a converted raquetball court with awards, records, etc., ceiling to floor covering three walls


The backyard in panoramic

The rest of the backyard in panoramic


No comments: