Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lincoln

Off we went on Saturday, April 30th to drive 3½ hours to Lincoln, NE.  My running buddies, Cathy & Darrell, and I had a good time on the drive up, walking around the University of Nebraska campus, having dinner at Spaghetti Works and watching Rocky movies back in the hotel room.

The weather on race was day was wonderful.  This was the third time I had run the Lincoln half and I wasn't "racing" just pacing.  My co-pacer, Jim, and I had a good time and I really think the 100+ people we had start with us did better than the 2 hr 10 min goal they set out for.  I crossed the line at 2:09:50 and my co-pacer was 7 seconds behind.  In the first picture below you can see the finish line on the 50 yard line.  This was a first for me to finish inside the stadium.  It was pretty cool.  I think it would have been a bit cooler if I was crossing the line attempt a PR.



No comments: