Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Engagement Day

You read it right. I didn't start out as engagement day, but that is how it ended.


Tim and I got up and ran 10 miles then we went to Ottawa to ride a Rails to Trails trail called Prairie Spirit Trail. It's a crushed limestone trail that runs from Ottawa to Iola (50 miles). We rode 15 miles south into 20mph winds, stopped and had lunch on the trail then headed back. The ride down was HARD! I do not do well against the wind. The way back was a cake walk. About 5 miles (mile 20) into the ride back we stopped to take some pictures at a bridge we saw on the way down and that's where Tim got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I, of course, said YES!


Here are some pictures from the day.




These are the bikes we rode. The top one is mine and the bottom is Tim's. He got to carry the backpack with supplies. : )




Our stop for lunch at mile 15. I was wiped out from riding into the wind.


The view from the bridge were we stopped and Tim proposed.

We stopped at mile 25 we stopped to take a picture of me with the ring and then I tried to take a good picture close up with the camera and the cell. Neither were great, but this one from the cell was the better of the four.
I LOVE the ring. It's perfect! I'm very happy! No date yet, in case you wanted to know.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations!!!!! Were you expecting this at all? The ring is gorgeous!

Baby N's Mom said...

Not expecting it. Tim had told me knew what ring he wanted to buy me, but I had no idea he had bought it. Not until he said he had a question to ask me did I have a clue it would be on our ride. The ride was my idea too, so that helped in me not having a clue as well. It was very sweet.

K said...

Congratulations!!!!! What a beautiful ring and a well executed proposal. Props to Tim!!!

Dianna said...

Congratulations!!! What very exciting news :)

J&T'sMom said...

Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That Tim really hit the jackpot when April said yes! Of course, April is lucky too...congrats to you both!

Nancy/Chicago