Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 13, 2007

Some Thoughts

Found out tonight that the wait for a referral will be closer to 15 months or right at it meaning that I won't receive Baby N's info until September 2008 sometime. I have also learned, in the last few weeks, that the "wait to travel" time is more like 4 or 5 months meaning Baby N won't be coming home until probably February 2009. It's very depressing to think I STILL have SO long to wait. I don't know how I'm going to pass time in the next 18 months. I think the "wait to travel" time will be the hardest since I will know who Baby N is at that time and incredibly anxious to get to him/her. Currently it seems that time is standing still. It's only been 1 month, 3 weeks, 1 day since I got on the waiting list and it seems a lot longer.

I do enjoy the Parent Ed Meetings. We get introduced to families who have just gotten a referral and families who have just returned with their child(ren). We also receive updates on all the programs CHI has (China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Columbia, Vietnam and maybe India soon). Then we listen to the presentation of the month and break into smaller groups by country after the presentation. It's a good way to meet people who are adopting from the same country and others.

No comments: