Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Other things we got for Christmas

I treated myself (and Tim) to a new tree this year. I saw this at H0bby L0bby and couldn't resist. My SIL's sis works there, so I got an additional 15% off the sale price. YEA!

Isn't it gorgeous? Very little need to decorate it. It's snow covered with holly berries, pine cones and lights already on it!!!!


Up close shot with the 'M' ornament I bought for this tree.


Mother Nature gave us a grand gift on Christmas morning! The gift kept on giving all through Saturday.


I love this shot of Lulu under the new tree. I can't decide if she's just plain pooped from Christmas or she's mad it's over. I'm going with pooped.


Miss Luie got herself and nice sweater from Daddy. Glad she likes this one better than the one I got her last year. She chewed a hole in the one from last year.


The snow was great. Tim, the dogs and I all went for run Christmas morning after opening our presents and before heading off the families. Lulu just L.O.V.E.D. the snow. She couldn't get enough. She was tearing through snow drifts that swallowed her up. It looked like they actually spit her out. Audrey was excited at first, but not so excited about the snowballs that kept forming in her pads. She would stop every 5 minutes to pick them out.
Saturday morning Tim and I went for our longer runs. I was supposed to do 12, but my group run was canceled due to the weather and I was forced to figure out another plan. Tim suggested running on one of the trails, so I drove to the trail head and started running. Yeah! I needed snowshoes to get through that. The snow was knee deep is some places and well over ankle deep every place else. It took me F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to get 1½ miles. I was so worn out the last 3½ miles sucked and I decided that 5 in those conditions was good enough.
Sunday Tim and I took the dogs to the park. It's the same park that we are getting married in and is close to home. Again, the dogs were having a blast. Lulu couldn't stop running. We saw several deer as we hiked on the trails. One Audrey wanted to go after. It was so nice out there. I wish I had thought to bring the camera.
We are due for more snow tomorrow. Can't wait! NOT!

No comments: