Every year I was in HS we had a foreign exchange student. My sophomore year we had a 16 year old from Norway come live with us. Normally exchange students are 17-18 and are placed as a senior in HS, but this 16 yr old was too young to be a senior according to the school and she was placed as a sophomore. MY GRADE!
We fought like sisters, played like sisters, dressed like sisters. Basically we WERE sisters and have been ever since. I went to Norway after I graduated from HS to visit her and her family and she came back with me, so we spent almost 2 months together the summer of '87. Just like sisters, again. She was back again in '92, '97, and '04. In '92 we met up in San Francisco and spent some quality sister time (and some future brother-in-law time) together before coming back to The Sunflower State for family time. In '97 they were back, conveniently, for our HS reunion. In '04 they came back with 2 kids in tow. My parents went to Norway for her wedding. I couldn't go because someone had to work! : ( You can see the relationship, right!?
We consider each other family. Here is the Norwegian side of my family.
Sarah (10)

Vetle (7-almost)

Trym (4)


Grete (Hilde's mom)

Andre

Hilde


Yes, I took pix at the airport. I'm horrible about having my camera if you haven't noticed. Hilde & Andre have TONS of pix and video, so I hope to get copies of those.


No comments:
Post a Comment