We went skydiving on Father's Day. Not because it was Father's Day, because it was the best day for us to go. We also celebrated Tim's half birthday (DOB 12/20). Tim and I recruited Andre, Aileen & Jamin to go with us. Andre is my brother-in-law, Aileen is a friend of ours and Jamin is Aileen's hubby. My dad, Hilde (my sister) and one of her kids, Vetle, came out to watch us all "be crazy."
Out of the 5 of us I was the only one who had jumped before however; I had done 3 solo dives and never a tandem, so it was new for me. A tandem dive you have a jump master strapped to your back and on a solo dive you jump from the plane all by yourself. On a tandem you jump from 10,000 feet and on a solo it's 3,500. Tandem= ~3,000 feet free fall for 20-30 seconds at 120mph average (Tim and Andre fell at 136mph & 130mph respectively. I have no idea how fast I fell). Solo=free fall for 3 seconds. Also, on a tandem the jump master is doing all of the work. On a solo it's ONLY you who has to get your butt back to the ground and hit the landing target. I liked jumping from 10,000 ft, but there is much more of a rush when jumping solo. I think I'd like to get back into it and work my way up to a 10,000 foot solo dive. AWESOME!!!!
Suiting up with my jump master Al.

Standing by the runway waiting for the plane. I got to jump with another jump master, Wally, as well as mine and another diver. Wally and the other diver jumped first and slept most of the 20 minutes it took to get to 10,000 feet.

I got a ride back from the landing site. Everyone else had to walk. I will say that the walk back was pretty cool to watch because they all looked like Top Gun coming back. I get to look like a goofy injured football player. My Dad and Hilde are in the background.

This was my prize. A ribbon. LOL! Hilde is in blue, Andre is standing next to her and my dad is the belly on the right.

Andre and his jump certificate with our jump master Al. Aileen is the gal in the pink and Tim's jump master, Hack, is the other guy in yellow.

Tim and his jump certificate.


No comments:
Post a Comment