Mon - Rode 41 miles of the half ironman course. This course is getting a little easier. I was happy with my mph this time.
Tue -
Wed - Ran 4 @ 5a
Thu - Ran 3 @ 5a
Fri - No swimming. Not enough time. Had a dinner with friends (Lynn, Tracy & Julie) at 6p then I had to boogie to meet Tim at a b-day party for one of his friends.
Sat - Swam 1250 meters (1100 in laps then 6 x 50 meter intervals). The rest of the day was cleaning like a mad woman/man and running errands to prepare for Sunday's get together.
Sun - I did a half Olympic distance tri. That's how they advertised it. It was a 750 meter swim, 12.4 mile bike, 3.1 mile run. Basically your run of the mill sprint triathlon. There were 187 finishers in the sprint of which 131 were men and 56 were women. I placed 1st in my age group, 15th out of women and 70th overall and my time was +10 minutes faster than I had anticipated, so I was pretty happy about it. I rocked on the bike (17.9mph average), my swim was exactly what I expected, but my run was steady. I had lost my inhaler on the bike at mile 3, so I didn't want to run too fast and then get into trouble. Tim and I hosted the post race party for our triathlon club. It was a good time and I think everyone that came had a good time. Tim's not big on hosting parties, but he even asked if we could host another.


1 comment:
You can definitely host again!!!
Post a Comment