Apparently people do read and want to know what's going on in my boring life, so here it is....
I went to the lake this past weekend with my mom and two of her friends. It was a girls weekend and they needed someone that could drive a boat. Enter, Me. I brought Lulu and she has now become a champion swimmer. She's so cute! I wish I had video of her diving into the water. The weekend was very relaxing and Lulu got her first taste of running as well. We ran/walked 3 miles and she probably ran a total of close to 2 miles.
My AC stopped working last night. Thankfully it was overcast and cooler yesterday and today than it has been the past week. It's now fixed, but who knows how long it will continue working. Apparently I need a new furnace and cooling unit. YIPPEE! I was warned NOT to turn on the furnace unless I have a Carbon Monoxide detector. That's comforting! I do have one, but who's going to turn on the heat when it's 90+ outside. I'm hoping that the AC will keep working until the beginning of October.
Bad news about the whole AC situation is that I don't want to take any $$ out of my saving account to pay for it since most of that $$ is ear marked for the adoption, so I'm out of any more tri's this year ($70-ish a pop) and I will be limiting my road races through the end of the year because I'm going to the Cayman Islands to run a half marathon in early December.
Good News/Bad News on the adoption front.....Three referrals last week. Two girls and a boy. All infants. Unfortunately they will be the last referrals my agency will receive until the whole agreement situation is figured out. There is also no news yet on how the special needs referrals will be handled. I'm hoping that "they" hurry up and make that decision. I have the # for an adoption attorney however, I haven't had a chance to call him yet. Maybe tomorrow. A friend of mine recommended him, so I'm really looking forward to speaking with him.





2 comments:
I love yard art and that bike will look so cool with some plants in it!
That is such a cute plant "stand"! You will have to update us with addtl pic's once you get it set in the yard w/ plants in it. =)
Lisa
Post a Comment